How to shorten the_content() in WordPress Themes
If you’ve ever created a WordPress Theme and you’re not happy with the way it outputs text to your theme, you might be interested in a handy plugin called the_excerpt_reloaded(). You can
- shorten the number of words being printed to screen
- you can add a handy “Read More” or whatever link
- allow or disallow certain HTML tags (nice!)
- and quite a bit more.
Have a look at
- the plugin at http://robsnotebook.com/the-excerpt-reloaded/
- and an excellent documentation/downlaod mirror at http://guff.szub.net/2005/02/26/the_excerpt-reloaded/
the_excerpt_reloaded can replace any of the traditional WordPress Functions and do a lot more.
- the_content_rss() (depreciated and unreliable in WP version 2.7)