One of the most amazing things about WordPress is that you can select a completely new layout for your site at the touch of a button. It’s just as easy to upload a new theme to your library – try it out for yourself.
Here’s what you do:
- download and un-zip your theme, so you end up with (usually) a folder of the theme’s name
- use an FTP client (like Filezilla) to access your webspace
- find a directory called wp-content/themes
- upload your entire un-zipped folder into this folder
- log into your WordPress Site (usually at http://www.example.com/wp-admin)
- navigate to APPEARANCE – THEMES
- find your theme and activate it
- sit back and enjoy your site in a new layout
You can find plenty of free and commercial themes around the net if you google WordPress Themes.
I’ve put together a list of good sites here.