I have an application that relies OpenCL drivers. I wanted to see if my GPU would support it to speed up the calculation, but I had no idea where to begin looking. I found some instructions for Windows 7 that are still useful even under Windows 10 and perhaps beyond. Here’s what worked for me:
- open Device Manager (via search, it’s the least painful way to find it)
- under Display Adapters, select your GPU
- right-click on it and choose Properties
- under Driver, choose Driver Details (and wait a moment)
- in the next window, scroll down and see if OpenCL.dll is installed
- select the file to see details about your OpenCL version
Another mystery has been solved!